quarta-feira, 18 de março de 2009

Feels Like Sunday - The New Album

In 2008, Tina Charles finally went to studios to record her so-expected-brand-new album Listen To the Music, 28 years after she released her last studio album, Just One Smile (1980). In spite of the fact Tina had released several successful singles - I Love To Love (Love in London Mixes), To Sir With Love & Your Disco Needs You (with Kelly Marie) and Higher (with Sanny X), which led her to #1 on Billboard charts in Europe and #5 in the USA - for different European record companies, she remained a long time away from studios and returned last year to record Listen To The Music, an album whose songs were carefully chosen by the artist, where only her favorite songs would be covered on.

It's got a nice eclectic repertoire where you can hear from ballads like A Natural Woman (a smash hit originally recorded by Aretha Franklyn), Kiss From A Rose (originally sung by Seal in the 90's for Batman Forever Soundtrack) , I'll Be There (a great success of The Jackson Five), Blame It On The Boogie (another Jacksons' successful recording in the 70's) up to the electro hit Chorus (previously recorded by the duo Erasure in the 80's). The album also includes new versions for two old Tina's hits, I Love To Love and Dance Little Lady, with new vocals, instruments and beats.

Listen To The Music has been re-released recently by new Tina's record company, Universal, under the new title Feels Like Sunday and two new tracks have been included: I Feel Love (Donna Summer's smash hit in the 70's - for the new cover, some verses from Madonna's Vogue have been added) and the title track.


Feels Like Sunday (Universal, 2008):

1. Feels Like A Sunday
2. A Natural Woman
3. Blame It On The Boogie
4. Dance Little Lady Dance
5. Help Me Make It Through The Night
6. I Can't Stand The Rain
7. Kiss From A Rose
8. Listen To The Music
9. I Love To Love
10. I'll Be There
11. Chorus
12. I Feel Love
13.
Dizzy

>>> Purchase the album at:

http://www.tinacharles.com
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.zakalexrecords.com


Text translation by Tony

Fortaleza, March 18, 2009

Um comentário:

Desavessos disse...

Ótimo álbum,com certeza!Quem é fã de Tina não pode deixar de ter!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Great album,certainly!Who is Tina's fan must have!!

Math